Hey

Hey, so it turns out blogging isn't just for self obsessed celebrities....as usual it took me a while but in true 'late adopter' style here i am. Life is full of lightbulb moments and i fear normal social interactions can never provide sufficient opportunity for me to discuss my meandering thoughts...... so if your up for it.... make yourselves comfortable. (oh and don't forget to add your own thoughts as well!!)

Thursday 17 June 2010

Today is Thursdy 17th June 2010. Is today a good day to start a blog?

What would I know, this is my first venture into the slightly daunting world of blogging. It doesn't seem like a particularly good day to start seen as the most exciting thing to happen to me today so far was the discovery that, yes there was enough cheese in the fridge for me to have a panini for lunch, despite my deep concerns to the contrary. Still, i guess that's the nature of blogging. What would be a good day to start? Maybe I should wait till I do something amazing like climb Everest or get knighted (do you get knighted when your a girl?) but then, to be fair, i'm not sure I'd have time to post a blog on either of those days what with the icy storms and/or waiting around for the Queen to get to grips with that heavy looking sword.

So, after much deliberation today's the day- carpe diem and all that. Today is, after all, the first day of the rest of my life. Cliché's anyone??? I'm not really a lover of sentences that come with the introduction "well you know what they say....." however I have to admit that there's usually an amount of truth embedded in them. Why else would circumstances to which these sayings seem relevant occur so often. I think it could get pretty stressful if we all actually 'lived each day like it was our last', it'd get kinda exhausting 'living life to the full' twenty four seven. Would there be time to sleep if we truly lived with this attitude? Personally I think I would set some time aside for sleep during my last 24 hours, maybe a nice siesta, you can't beat a well deserved nap. Seriously though, sometimes you've just got to do stuff. Sometimes you just have to make decisions and follow them through. Sometimes you have to have faith.

With this in mind my Husband, Lindon, and I are setting about establishing a Christian community via Facebook (Search Grapevine 2.0). A community where people can ask questions and discover God. A community where people can support each other in their daily lives. A community that put's it's faith into action and makes an impact in the world around it.

And I, am setting about establishing a blog. A blog which will, hopefully, encourage people to consider God, and the teachings and doings of Jesus, in everyday things. I hope some people will come on a journey with me.......a journey I'm definitely starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment